For my final Want2Scrap guest designer project, I wanted to show a framed layout that I put together after my fabulous trip to New York City earlier this month with my dearest, Jenn Balcer.
Jenn and I took Manhattan by storm for 4 full days…making the absolute most of it! Sightseeing! Shopping! Eating! Seeing Wicked! The Crown of the Lady Liberty! The Empire State Building! With lots of open time (and no kids in tow), we were able to seize the days and nights! It was truly a fabulous trip, and I feel so blessed to tuck these memories into my heart to relish for many years.
This is a photo was taken at the top of the Empire State Building at midnight.
Designer tip – Coloring Want2Scrap™ rhinestones with Copic Marker is easy since the alcohol based ink will adhere to virtually any non-porous surface. While bling is still on manufacturer packaged acrylic sheet, lightly skim color over the top of silver bling with the side of the brush tip on the Copic Sketch (or Ciao). This will let you apply ink over top of the bling embellishment very quickly without applying ink to the clear adhesive of the design. You should probably select a color of marker that is a shade or two *darker* than your desired color, and always test an inconspicuous rhinestone before coloring final embellishment.
I can’t believe I’m at the end of my Guest Designing month with Want2Scrap™. I’ve assured Miss Heidi that’s not the end of my Want2Scrap™ consumption. 🙂 Thanks so much to Michele and her fabulous team for inviting me to share with you this month. I’ve loved it!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Nestabling™ Labels Nine Silver Rhinestones
- Nestabling™ Fancy Tags Two Silver Rhinestones
- Swirls, Finesse – Silver Rhinestones – 2 Pack – Self Adhesive
- Nestaboard™ Fancy Tags Two
- Labels Nine die templates – Spellbinders Paper Arts
- Fancy Tags Two die templates – Spellbinders Paper Arts
- Words of Wisdom – Verve Stamp Company
- Typewriter Alphabet – MFT Stamp Company
- Kraft cardstock
- Victoria patterned paper – Echo Park
- Copic Sketch Marker – BG13
- Colorbox Chalk ink pad – Dark Brown
- Aqua Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber – Ranger
- buttons & twine