It’s been a little quiet here on my blog. I realize that, and trust me, I’ve missed getting inky. Several members of my family have kept me hopping the last 10 days with broken bones, doctor appointments and hospital stays. Thankfully, everyone is going to be just fine in 6-8 weeks (I’m so very grateful!), but it sure has cut into my
therapy crafty sessions.
Today I’m excited to share the newest publication from Annie’s Attic, Exquisite Embellishments for Paper Crafts. I was honored to share a project in this collection put together by Keri Lee Sereika because I love the idea of creating your own handmade trinkets to cards and paper projects, and Annie’s Attic books are always so beautifully done.
Here’s a snippet of my project that’s in the book, Hey Gnomie! I love this little guy, illustrated by Tami Mayberry. Isn’t he sweet?
It wouldn’t be a Blog Hop without pretty inspiration and prizes! So, check out the other talented designers who contributed to this book (I’m blown away by this inspiration list of designers!), and try to leave a comment on each one of their blogs for your chance at three prize copies to be given away. 🙂
I’d love to snag a little crafty time this weekend, but to be honest, we’re in the middle of some painting and a little remodel in my office and kitchen (because we don’t know how to do anything easy or simple at the Craig house – so, sure! let’s tear up the house and run back and forth to the hospital and doctor appointments at the same time!), and the entire contents of my craft studio/office are stacked in my dining room. I’d share a picture, but the chaos really is enough to upset your stomach. When we’re done, I’ll do a new stamping space tour. I really can’t wait!! In the meantime, here’s hoping I’ll have a CPS sketch sample to share with you on Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed!
Happy Weekend! (and good luck on the blog hop candy!)
- Stamps: Gnome One Like You – Gina K Designs
- Ink: Black Tuxedo Memento Ink (Tsukineko), Jasmine Mix’d Media Ink (Clearsnap)
- Accessories: Markers: Copic Markers (BG15, E00, R22, R24, BG11, Y32), Buttons & cream twine, Well Worn Dienamics – MFT Stamps
- Xpress It Double Sided Adhesive (Imagination International)
Every. single. day… I tell my girls and my dear hubby I love them. One of them always says, ‘I love you MORE!’. To which I reply, ‘absolutely not anywhere near possible!’ I love them ‘mower’ every. single. day.
Perfectly fitting for my crew, I honed in on this image and sentiment in Tami Mayberry‘s new set from Gina K Designs, Gnome Like You. The set is full of whimsy quips, perfect for a quick and witty hello! I’ll have more to share through the month. It’s so cute!
Speaking of loving mower everyday…tonight I’ve got a date with Jenn. We’re going to see Wicked ON BROADWAY! We’ve been shopping and planning our visit to the Big Apple since March, and I can’t believe it is here. It’s going to be a quick trip, but a weekend that friendships are bonded by, I’m sure. I’ll share some fun pictures when I get back. Prayers for our travel safety would be appreciated!
- Stamps: Gnome Like You – Gina K Designs
- Ink: Black Tuxedo Memento
- Cardstock: Kraft & Happier 6×6 Paper Pack – My Mind’s Eye
- Accs: Copic Marker (RV02, RV04 and YR04 – airbrushed on the sun), rhinestone – want2scrap, grass die – The Cat’s Pajamas, sun die – Papertrey Ink
When you think about people who have been blazing a trail in the cardmaking and stamping world, you have to consider Tami Mayberry. She’s been an accomplished, much published designer longer than I’ve owned ink. I remember when I ‘met’ her as we worked together at Cornish Heritage Farms and admiring her work. She stamps, she writes, she draws, she pioneered the idea of a sketch blog for card makers with Card Positioning Systems, she’s a fellow show-me–stamper and she’s got a family who loves hunting as much as mine. In short, she’s my kind of girl!
Tami recently asked me if I’d like to guest design for her newest release at Gina K Designs. I was thrilled. Her stamps are always the sweetest, and this month…major cute factor. This is a sneak of her set being released by Gina K Designs tonight called, Gnome One Like You. So sweet! You’ll be able to purchase it right here after 9 pm central.
I put this together with another challenge from Dare to Get Dirty – the largest challenge party of the year at Splitcoast. Jodi Collins offered up a great sketch! Julie Lacey asked for kraft cardstock! And, Christina Fischer challenged us to distress a little! There’s a list of fun challenges for everyone, so I’ll be using these ideas with my posts all week long.
I’ll be back tonight with another fun peek at Tami’s set when it’s available in the store! It’s so hot, you might as well stamp today!
Have a good one!
- Stamps: Gnome One Like You – Gina K Designs
- Cardstock: Kraft, Choice Cream and All Spice 6×6 Designer Pad – My Mind’s Eye
- Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento & Clearsnap Mix’d Media Honey
- Accs: Copic Markers (BG70, BG72, E00, E51, Y32, Y35, W1, W2, YR24, E31, E33, R20), Prismacolor Pencils for grass, Textured Plate – Sizzix, Scalloped Oval and Oval dies – Spellbinders, label punch – Stampin’ Up!
The kids are home from school again today. I’m wondering how many more snow days we’ll have and whether or not we’ll be in class til the Fourth of July?
I spent the day yesterday in Kansas City at a Copic Certification with Sally Lynn MacDonald. It was a great day, and I realized that Sally Lynn and I have A LOT in common. Lots of fun!
I always enjoy watching other instructors in action and picking up tips and tricks from them. Sharon and I will be taking the Copic Certification show on the road to Des Moines in 2 weeks, and I’m *REALLY* looking forward to spending time with Taylor, Sharon and a few more surprise visitors <wink>. I think we’re going to have a FABULOUS time. If you have any interest in a Copic Certification, check out this page and see when we’re coming to a town near you. Lots of March classes across the country, and there’s still time to register for any of them. 🙂
This is a sweet Heartily Yours image that colored one day last week. (I’ve been retreating to my desk for color-therapy whenever I can!) I paired the image with new Nerdy Bird papers from Sassafras Lass, orange Stickles and some Glossy Accents.
- Stamps: Heartily Yours & Heartily Yours Additions by Nina Brackett (this girl ROCKS!) for Gina K Designs
- Cardstock: Flame Stardust Metallic, Choice Cream – Taylored Expressions and Nerdy Bird – Sassafras Lass
- Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento
- Accs: Copic Marker (R20, R22, R35, YG23, G07, BG10, BG11, YR04, Y35, W1, W2), Orange Stickles – Ranger, Glossy Accents – Ranger, butterfly punch – Martha Stewart, border punch – Fiskars